5 Tips to Get your Kitchen Ready for the Holy Month
Posted on 09.06.2015
It's that time of the year when your kitchen gets really busy. With the arrival of Ramadan, followed by Hari Raya, there is definitely a lot of things to be done around the house, what more, the kitchen. Nevertheless, with a little pre-planning, you can spend less time in the kitchen and more time with the family.
Here are 5 tips on what you can do to get your kitchen ready for the holy month:
- Whatever the size or state of your kitchen, never wait until the last minute to do the major clean-ups.
- Think of all the dishes the family loves to eat and prepare a shopping list for the ingredients needed. Do the same for your upcoming Raya open house do.
- There's usually a need to cook more food than usual, prepare make-ahead meals or store left-over's. Remember to stock up on cling wraps, aluminium foils, paper towels, freezer bags and food containers in various sizes.
- Check that all your electrical appliances are in good working order. Get all your cooking utensils, plates, platters and glasses clean and ready.
- Last but not least, there are kitchen hacks that can help you get things done without a hassle. Look it up on the internet, cookbooks or as your mother. On the other hand, you can also find some on our website.