Energy Boosting Food You Should Eat During Suhoor
Posted on 09.06.2015
Since this is the last meal you'll be having before you start fasting again, it is important that you eat the right meal to help you maintain the energy and stay hydrated throughout the day. Here's a list of items you should consume at suhoor.
- For a good source of fiber that will keep you full longer - beans, whole grains (whole-wheat bread, pasta), brown rice, nuts, fruits, oatmeal, and vegetables.
- For a good source of protein that will delay hunger pangs and provide energy - eggs, yogurt, beans, soy, fish, lean beef and chicken.
- Avoid fried food as much as possible.
- To keep yourself hydrated - eat fruits and veggies such as cucumbers, watermelon and oranges because they have high water content.
- Always drink a lot water.