A Make Over For A Healthier New You
Posted on 22.01.2016
Year after year, at the start of a New Year, we often reflect on the year before and set goals to make amends in the present year. This list is somewhat different from the usual. Here are some tips on adapting simple daily habits that will improve your health and well-being; it might just save you some money too!
Cook dinner more often
- Nothing comes close to a home-cooked meal – it’s so satisfying, rewarding and it’s filled with love and warmth. Also, it cost less than eating out.
- Need some inspiration? Visit http://www.maggi.com.my/en/our-recipes and pick a recipe from our extensive list of fast, easy and delicious dishes. When you feel inspired by recipes, you're more likely to make them. All it takes is a little planning.
- Make a shopping list of all the ingredients the recipe requires. Keep your fridge and pantry stocked.
- Home-packed lunch is better, for your health and your wallet.
- Plan out a weekly lunch menu and give yourself an extra couple of minutes each morning to toss together some healthy lunch ideas.
- Otherwise, when preparing dinner, always make extra so you can take the leftovers for lunch.
- And remember, keeping meals varied keeps them interesting. Eat more vegetables
- Vegetables can be cooked in various ways – you can roast them, braise them or saute them. With so many veggie dishes to choose from, you can easily incorporate them into your everyday meals.
- Pick a vegetable you enjoy the most and experiment with different ways of preparing them.
Take one step at a time
- Is your resolution centred on giving something up, for example, fried food, sugar, carbohydrate? Don’t do that because you’re setting yourself up for failure.
- Instead of going cold turkey, limit the intake of junk food and instead, stock up on fruits and vegetables as a snack.
- Take a moment to ask yourself, “What’s that one thing you can do or change right now to help yourself succeed?” and then, go ahead and make that one small change.