Over And Done With Over-Indulging
Posted on 27.12.2015
With never ending family get-togethers and office gatherings that are all centred on great tasting food, the year-end is one of the hardest times to control our food intake, despite our best intentions to keep our eating under control. We often overindulge and end up feeling miserably stuffed although we know that we should consume reasonable portions and pass on seconds.
Now, here you are going, “Oh my, I’m so stuffed I can’t move”! Now what? Here’s what you can do if you woke up feeling bloated and angry at yourself for overdoing it while celebrating the holiday season.
Before we tell you what to do, here’s 2 things we advise you not to do.
- Never skip meals the next day.
- Stay away from the scales. It will only cause distress.
Now let’s go on with what you’re supposed to do.
- Have a light breakfast – a bowl of low-fat yoghurt and fruits.
- Mid-morning snack – a piece of fruit.
- Lunch – skip rice and a have a good serving of vegetables and chicken or fish dish.
- Afternoon snack – a cup of vegetable soup and an orange.
- Dinner – skip rice and a have a good serving of vegetables and chicken or fish dish.
Add on some positivity and you’ll be well on your way to making a fresh start and back to your healthier habits.