Picture Perfect Picnic
Posted on 11.11.2015
Have plans of going to the beach, waterfall or a park? Well, why not turn that trip into a more fun-filled one by arranging a picnic. It’s surely a great way to spend some quality family time that you and your kids are sure to love.
When planning a picnic, make sure to keep it simple and organized. Here are some tips on how you can have the perfect picnic:
- Make a check list of everything that you need to buy or bring along for the picnic. Check items off as you pack.
- Picnic basket or tote bag to carry all your picnic items.
- Cooler bag or ice box for perishable food items.
- A picnic mat if you plan to sit on the ground or a table cloth if you plan on sitting at a public picnic table.
- A plastic sheet in case the ground is wet and you don’t want the picnic mat to get soaked up.
- Disposable plates, cups and utensils.
- Small cutting board, paring or pocket knife for any last-minute food preparation.
- Paper towels.
- Old newspaper.
- Plastic bags to dispose trash.
- Bug repellent and/or citronella candles to keep flies away.
- Talcum power to keep ants away. Ants will lose their scent trail and won’t get to your food.
- Matches or a lighter.
- First aid kit.
Food items to bring.
- Noodles or fried rice.
- Bite sized grilled meat that can be assembled into a sandwich.
- Fruits and vegetables salad.
- Cheese slices.
- Crackers and chips.
- Pre-packed assorted nuts.
- Water is definitely the best choice but since it’s a picnic, you can let your children enjoy 100% fruit juices that contain less sugar.
- In order to prevent certain food from spoiling, pack things such as eggs and dairy products in a cooler bag just before leaving for the picnic.
- When packing for your picnic, place the items in reverse order into the tote bag or picnic basket – start with the food, followed by the cutleries and then the table cloth. It’ll will be easier for you to sort things out when you unpack at the picnic spot.
- Keep cold foods cold and hot foods hot.
Keep these tips in mind the next you plan to go on a picnic. Get everything sorted out before hand and then sit back, relax and enjoy the picture-perfect picnic with your loved ones.