20-Min Ginger Chicken
A chicken dish so easy to prepare, it requires only the very basic and fresh ingredients.
Good to Know
Old ginger adds a more distinct aroma to your dish.
|2 tablespoons||cooking oil|
|500 g||chicken breast, thinly sliced|
|1||red onion, thinly sliced|
|5 cm||young ginger, thinly sliced|
|4 cloves||garlic, thinly sliced|
|4 tablespoons||MAGGI® Oyster Sauce|
|1 teaspoon||dark soy sauce|
|½ teaspoon||ground white pepper|
|2||fresh red chillies, thinly sliced|
|100 g||spring onions, cut into 5 cm pieces|
- Remember to remove chicken from the freezer and allow it to defrost. When the chicken is defrosted, slice the chicken, red onion, ginger and garlic thinly before setting them aside.
- Set a large wok over high heat, add in 2 tablespoons of oil and wait until it is hot; you'll know it’s hot when the surface glistens and shimmers.
- Next, sauté the red onion, ginger and garlic in the wok for a minute or until fragrant.
- Toss the chicken in and stir fry until it turns tender crisp.
- Add the MAGGI® Oyster Sauce, dark soy sauce and ground white pepper.
- Cook until the liquid has reduced to a sticky glaze or until everything is nicely coated and cooked thoroughly. Stir in the red chillies and spring onions and remove from heat.
- Serve over a steaming plate of rice and enjoy!