20-Min Soy Sauce Chicken
Cooking a midweek meal after a busy day at work? Try the quick and easy Ayam Masak Kicap.
Good to Know
Soy sauce is a condiment made from a fermented paste of boiled soybeans, roasted grain, brine, and Aspergillus oryzae or Aspergillus sojae molds.
|500 g||chicken fillet, cut into small pieces|
|2 tablespoons||corn oil|
|3 buds||star anise|
|1||red onion, minced|
|3 cm||ginger, minced|
|4 cloves||garlic, minced|
|2 stalks||lemongrass, minced|
|2 ½ tablespoons||MAGGI® Oyster Sauce|
|4 tablespoons||dark soy sauce|
|4||red chillies, cut into half lengthways and then into 4 pieces|
|100 g||spring onions, cut into 5 cm pieces|
- In a wok, heat up the oil and sauté the cinnamon, star anise, cardamom, red onion, ginger, garlic and lemongrass until fragrant.
- Once you can smell the wonderful aroma of the spices, add in the chicken pieces and give it a good stir.
- Then, add in the MAGGI® Oyster Sauce and dark soy sauce, stir until the chicken is well coated in the sauce and cooked thoroughly.
- Finally, add in the red chillies, spring onions and the red onion wedges before giving it one final stir.
- Serve immediately over a steaming plate of rice. This easy recipe will be a winner every time you make it.