4-Step Homemade Kimchi
The perfect side dish for a Korean meal.
|For the chilli paste:|
|10 cloves||garlic, blended|
|3 tablespoon||ginger, blended|
|4 medium||onion, blended|
|1 cup||anchovies, soaked and blended|
|1 ½ cup||chilli powder|
|1 cup||chilli flakes|
|⅓ cup||fish sauce|
|6 cubes||MAGGI® Ikan Bilis Stock Cube|
|1 big (at least 2 kg)||cabbage, chopped roughly|
|1||white radish, sliced or cubed spring onion|
- In a bowl, mix the blended garlic, ginger, onion along with the anchovies.
- Next, add in the chilli powder, chilli flakes, vinegar, water, fish sauce, MAGGI® Ikan Bilis Stock Cube and honey. Stir thoroughly until it forms into a paste.
- Add cabbage, carrots, white radish and spring onions in a bowl, add in chilli paste and toss the ingredients until it’s all evenly and thoroughly coated with the mixture.
- Once done, pack kimchi into a container and compress it tightly.
- Seal container and store kimchi in the refrigerator.
- Eat right away, or let it sit for a few days to ferment.