Roasted chicken with a coating of creamy, spiced coconut milk sauce. A chicken dish that’s anything but boring.
Good to Know
Marinating the chicken overnight infuses it with all the flavours and makes the chicken tender.
|500 g||chicken thigh, skinned and deboned|
|2||red onions, minced|
|2 cloves||garlic, minced|
|1 tablespoon||ginger, minced|
|2 stalks||lemongrass, minced|
|1 tablespoon||coriander powder|
|1 tablespoon||cumin powder|
|2 teaspoon||MAGGI® CukupRasa™|
|200 ml||coconut milk|
|9||red onions, minced|
|1 cm||ginger, minced|
|1 stalk||lemongrass, minced|
|8||dried chillies, minced|
|1 tablespoon||tamarind juice|
|1 tablespoon||MAGGI® CukupRasa™|
- For the marinade, in a bowl, mix together the minced onion, garlic, ginger and lemongrass along with coriander powder, cumin powder and 2 teaspoon of MAGGI® CukupRasa™.
- Pour the marinade over the chicken, coat it and allow it to soak up the flavours for 2 hours.
- In a medium saucepan, add in the coconut milk, minced onion, garlic, ginger, lemongrass and dried chillies with the tamarind juice, sugar and 1 tablespoon MAGGI® CukupRasa™.
- Bring it to a boil and then lower the heat and cook until the mixture thickens and the oil begins to breakdown.
- Coat each chicken thigh in the cooked gravy and transfer onto a roasting pan.
- Preheat the oven to 425 °F. Roast for 45-60 minutes. The cooking time can be extended until you get the desired texture.
- The secret in achieving the crispy and tasty goodness is to keep basting the chicken with more sauce as it cooks and before it's served.
- Once the scent of the roasting chicken fills your home, get the kids to set the table and sit down to enjoy the delicious chicken with the family.