Black Bean Soup
Black is the new black! A black bean soup that will surely tease your taste buds.
|1 tablespoon||olive oil|
|2 stalks||celery, chopped|
|2 nos||red onion, chopped|
|2 cloves||garlic, chopped|
|1 no||carrot, cut into cube|
|1 teaspoon||thyme dried|
|2 leaves||bay leave|
|1 no||chili, chopped|
|1 no||capsicum red & green, cut into cube|
|300 gram||black bean (in can), soften drain|
|1 cube||MAGGI Chicken cube|
|1 bunch||coriander leave, chopped|
|2 nos||bird eye chili, chopped|
|2 no||tomato, cut into cube|
|1 no||lime juice|
- In a soup pot, stir fry celery, onion, garlic, carrot until fragrant.
- Add in thyme, bay leave, chili and capsicum. Stir well. Add in black bean and stir for a while.
- Pour in water and reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes or until thick.
- Crack egg in the soup and reduce heat. Poach egg in the soup for 5 minutes.
- While poaching, in a bowl add in coriander, bird eye chili, tomato and lime juice. Mix well and set aside.
- Serve the soup with salsa and warm bread.
Energy 132 Kcal