Chicken in Fiery Yellow Gravy
If you like coconut-flavored foods, this recipe is calling your name.
Good to Know
Substitute half the contents of the coconut milk with NESTLÉ Natural Set Yogurt for a more nutritious and low-fat meal.
|500 g||chicken fillet, thinly sliced|
|1||red onion, minced|
|4 cloves||garlic, minced|
|4 stalks||lemongrass, crushed|
|10||bird's eye chillies, coarsely pounded|
|1 teaspoon||shrimp paste, lightly toasted and pounded until smooth and fine|
|4||Indonesian bay leaves (daun salam)|
|1 teaspoon||turmeric powder|
|200 ml||coconut milk|
|2 cubes||MAGGI® Chicken Stock Cube|
|½ teaspoon||MAGGI® CukupRasa™|
- In a deep pot, add oil and wait until it heats up.
- Carefully add in the onions, garlic, lemongrass and bird's eye chillies, followed by the powdered shrimp paste, bay leaves, turmeric leaf and turmeric powder.
- Then, add in the coconut milk and water.
- Next, drop in the MAGGI® Chicken Stock Cube and scoop in the MAGGI® CukupRasa™ and a teaspoon sugar. Stir well and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Add in the chicken pieces and allow it to simmer until the meat turns tender.
- Best served with steamed rice or 'lontong'. This is guaranteed to be an intensely flavorful meal the entire family with love.