Crispy and flaky pastry filled with luscious chicken filling.
|2 ½ cup||all-purpose flour|
|1 tablespoon||castor sugar|
|3 tablespoon||corn oil|
|1 cup||unsalted butter, chilled|
|300 gram||chicken breast, cut into small pieces|
|100 gram||button mushrooms, sliced|
|1 whole||carrot, diced|
|2 stalk||celery, diced|
|2 pieces||thyme leaves|
|1 teaspoon||black pepper|
|1 teaspoon||dried thyme|
|1 tablespoon||all-purpose flour|
|1 ½ cup||water|
|2 cubes||MAGGI® Chicken Stock Cube|
|½ cup||green peas|
- Mix flour, castor sugar and sugar. Mix well and add corn oil.
- Add chilled butter. Knead quickly with your hands till it becomes a dough.
- Add water and vinegar into the dough. Knead well
- Wrap the dough in plastic and allow it to rest in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- In a wok, heat up oil and butter.
- Sautee garlic, chicken breast, button mushrooms, carrot, celery, thyme leaves, black pepper and dried thyme.
- Add flour and water. Stir evenly.
- Add MAGGI® Chicken Stock Cube and green peas. Set aside.
- Preheat oven at 180ºc.
- Roll the dough till it is slightly thick.
- Place the pastry into ovenproof bowl. Place a heavy metal object on the pastry so that the pastry does not inflate.
- Bake pastry for 10 minutes.
- Spoon the chicken filling evenly onto the pastry. Place another piece of pastry over the filling and use a fork to decorate the pastry.
- You can decorate the pie with any extra dough and brush pastry with beaten egg.
- Bake pie at 180ºc for 30 minutes.
Tip: Adding vinegar helps tenderise dough for a flakier crust.