Classic Beef Briyani with Nuts
A hearty rice dish that’s incredibly satisfying.
|4 cloves||garlic, sliced|
|5 cm||ginger, sliced|
|2 tablespoons||corn oil|
|1 tablespoon||MAGGI® CukupRasa™|
|700 ml||water / beef stock|
|500 g||basmati rice, washed and drained|
|4 cloves||garlic, blended|
|5 cm||ginger, blended|
|1 tablespoon||corn oil|
|1 packet||MAGGI® Hari-Hari Favourites Briyani Rice Mix|
|300 g||beef, boiled|
|100 g||chick peas, boiled|
|100 g||dhal, boiled|
|20 g||coriander leaves|
|20 g||mint leaves|
|3 tablespoons||almonds, thinly sliced|
- In a pan, sauté the garlic, ginger, shallots, cardamom, cloves, cinnamon and star anise in corn oil until it turns a golden brown colour.
- Next, add in the rice grains and stir well.
- Then, transfer the rice grains and the sautéed ingredients into an electric cooker and allow it to cook with water or the beef stock you have prepared along with a tablespoon of MAGGI® CukupRasa™. Turn on the rice cooker and allow the rice to cook.
How to cook the beef:
- To prepare the beef, sauté the blended garlic, ginger and shallots in corn oil until fragrant.
- Then, add in the MAGGI® Hari-Hari Favourites Briyani Rice Mix, water, beef, chick peas and dhal. Allow it to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Last but not least, mix in the raisins, coriander leaves, mint leaves and the almond slices. Let it simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
- Scoop out half of the cooked rice and place the beef on top of the remaining rice in the rice cooker. Place the rice you scooped out earlier back into the rice cooker and heat it for 5 minutes.
- Mix the briyani well before serving. Serve this awesome complete meal hot.