Classic Chicken Pot Pie
Good to Know
The chicken pot pies baked for photography/tasting did not contain herbs, I recommend to add ½ teaspoon of dried thyme or oregano into the filling for better taste/aroma.
|The Pie crust:|
|180 g||All purpose flour|
|120 g||Cold unsalted butter, cut into cubes|
|4 to 5 tablespoons||Cold water|
|3 tablespoons||Nestle Greek Yogurt (Natural)|
|1 cube||MAGGI Chicken Stock Cube, crumbled|
|2 tablespoons||Plain flour|
|1/2 teaspoon (or to taste)||MAGGI Cukup Rasa|
|1 tablespoon||Corn oil|
|200 g||Skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 cm cubes|
|200 g||Frozen mixed vegetables (carrot, pea, corn), thawed|
|½ teaspoon||Dried thyme/oregano|
1. Pulse flour, salt and butter cubes in a food processor until mixture resembles bread crumbs.
2. Drizzle in 3 tablespoons of ice water and pulse again until the dough comes together to form a ball. Drizzle in more ice water if too dry (add in by teaspoons).
3. Shape into a disk, wrap with cling wrap and refrigerate for 20 – 30 minutes before using.
4. If you do not have a food processor, rub the butter with flour and salt with your fingers until mixture resembles bread crumbs, then add 3 tablespoons of ice water and shape into a dough with a dining knife. Then continue with step 3.
1. Marinate chicken cubes with MAGGI Cukup Rasa for 20 – 30 minutes.
2. Heat corn oil in a large skillet or frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the shallot, saute for about 1 minute, add in chicken cubes, cook for another minute.
3. Add the broth mixture (A) and cook for 2 - 3 minutes, stirring until the mixture thickens. Then add in mixed vegetables and sauté for about 5 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
4. Turn off heat and divide fillings among oven-safe bowls or ramekins.
Baking Chicken Pies:
1. Remove pastry dough from refrigerator and roll out between cling wrap to about 2 – 3 mm thick.
2. Cut a round pastry cutter to cut out circles to fit over the bowls/ramekins, and press the edges with a fork to seal. Use a sharp knife to cut a few vents on the surface for steam to escape.
3. Bake for 25 – 30 minutes in a preheated 180C oven, until pie crust is golden brown.
4. Remove from oven and serve immediately.