Creamy Vegetable "Lodeh"
Vegetables folded into a tasty and delicate coconut curry.
|1 tablespoon||cooking oil|
|1 tablespoon||thick coconut milk|
|1||red onion, minced|
|3 cm||galangal, minced|
|3 cm||ginger, minced|
|4 cm||turmeric, minced|
|4 tablespoon||dried shrimp, minced|
|2 stalks||lemongrass, crushed|
|100 ml||light coconut milk|
|1 ½ teaspoon||MAGGI® CukupRasa™|
|2 pieces||bean curd|
|50 g||brinjal, sliced into 1 cm wedges|
|50 g||carrot, sliced into 1 cm wedges|
|50 g||long beans, cut into 2 cm pieces|
|50 g||cabbage, thinly cut|
|1||red chilli, thinly sliced|
- To prepare the spice paste, add in the red onion, garlic, galangal, ginger, turmeric, dried shrimp and lemon grass into a blender. Pour in 200 ml of water and blend until they form a fine paste.
- After the ingredients are blended, pour some cooking oil into the wok and wait for it to heat up.
- Scoop the paste from the blender and carefully place it into the wok and stir until fragrant.
- Next, slowly add in water and the coconut milk and bring the mixture to a boil.
- When it starts bubbling, add in the MAGGI® CukupRasa™, bean curd, brinjal, carrot, long beans and cabbage and allow it to simmer for 5 minutes until the vegetables are well cooked.
- Garnish your Sayur Lodeh with the red chilli and enjoy it over a plate of 'lontong'.