Crusty Chicken Briyani Curry Puff
Sit back, relax, have a cup of tea while you enjoy this nostalgic tea time treat.
|1 tablespoon||MAGGI® CukupRasa™|
|3 tablespoons||MAGGI® Hari-Hari Favourites Briyani Rice Mix|
|100 g||frozen mixed vegetables|
|3 cloves||garlic, chopped|
|300 g||chicken breast, cut into small cubes|
|1 stalk||curry leaves|
|1 tablespoon||corn oil|
|cooking oil, for deep frying|
- On a clean surface, mix the flour with MAGGI® CukupRasa™, margarine and water and knead it into dough. Let it sit for 10 minutes.
- In a frying pan, sauté the MAGGI® Hari-Hari Favourites Briyani Rice Mix, frozen mixed vegetables, garlic, shallot, water, chicken breast and curry leaves for 5 minutes. Stir fry until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Get the dough that was set aside earlier on and place it on top of a clean countertop with a little flour sprinkled under and around it. Roll the pastry until 3 mm thick with a rolling pin.
- Using a pastry cutter, cut the dough into circles and fill it with the chicken filling and fold it as you would fold a regular curry puff – fold in half and seal the edges.
- Do the same for the rest of the dough and leave them to rest for a while. Until then, heat the oil over medium-high heat in a large saucepan or wok to fry the curry puffs.
- When the oil is hot and ready, place 4 curry puffs at a time into the wok and fry until the curry puffs turn a beautiful golden brown. When it’s done, drain in a colander lined with paper towel.
- Pour yourself a nice hot cup of tea and enjoy your curry puffs while it’s hot.