Delectable Nasi Dagang with Fish and Acar
A classic combination of fluffy, flavoursome rice and deliciously thick fish curry made with Ikan Tongkol accompanied by the sweet and sour taste of the Acar Jelatah, this meal is sure to delight everyone’s taste buds!
Good to Know
Watch your portion. Two scoops of rice is equivalent to 1 serving.
|For Nasi Dagang :|
|500 g||‘beras dagang’ (a mixture of wild rice that has a light purple colour and a little glutinous rice), washed and rinsed|
|100 ml||coconut milk|
|1 inch||ginger, sliced|
|2 cloves||garlic, sliced|
|¼ teaspoon||fenugreek seeds|
|1 tablespoon||MAGGI® CukupRasa™|
|For Kari Ikan Tongkol:|
|1 teaspoon||mix herbs|
|10 g||ginger, blended|
|2||fresh chilli, blended|
|3 tablespoons||coriander powder|
|2 teaspoons||cumin powder|
|½ teaspoon||fennel powder|
|½ teaspoon||black pepper powder|
|2 teaspoons||chilli powder|
|500 g||mackerel tuna / ikan tongkol, cleaned and guts removed, rinsed|
|2||tomato, cut into wedges|
|30 g||tamarind, mix with 100 ml water, strain seeds out|
|3 tablespoons||Nestlé Natural Set Yogurt|
|1 tablespoons||MAGGI® CukupRasa™|
|For Acar Jelatah:|
|200 g||carrot, cut into 2 cm length|
|200 g||cucumber, cut into 2 cm length|
|300 g||pineapple, cut into small chunks|
|2||red chillies, sliced|
|1||red onion, sliced|
|½ cup||white vinegar|
|1 teaspoon||MAGGI® CukupRasa™|
|1 tablespoon||sesame seed|
For Nasi Dagang:
1. Firstly, wash and soak the rice grains for 1 hour. Next, drain well with sieve or colander and place it into the rice cooker.
2. Add in 600 ml water, coconut milk, ginger, onion, garlic and fenugreek seeds. Stir the ingredients using a wooden spatula and let the rice cook.
3. Best served with Kari Ikan Tongkol and Acar Jelateh.
For Kari Ikan Tongkol :
1. Heat oil in a deep pan. Add in onions, ginger, chilli, curry leaves and mix herbs and gently fry until fragrant. Add in coriander powder, cumin powder, fennel powder, black pepper powder and chilli powder and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes until the oil separates.
2. Next, pour in tamarind water, add in yogurt and MAGGI® CukupRasa™. Then, add in the fish, lady’s fingers and tomatoes. Finally, pour in 400 ml water and let the gravy boil.
3. When the gravy has come to a boil, lower the heat immediately and allow it to simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Serve the Nasi Dagang with this mouth-watering, delicious Kari Ikan Tongkol and enjoy!
For Acar Jelatah:
1. In a bowl, add in the white vinegar, MAGGI® CukupRasa™, sugar, sesame seed and finally ¼ cup of water. Combine well.
2. Next, stir in the carrot, cucumber, pineapple, red chillies and red onion.
3. Your Acar Jelatah is now ready. Leave it aside for 1 hour to allow it to absorb all the flavours or let it chill in the refrigerator overnight.
Energy 325 Kcal