Easy Peasy Peanut Gravy
The Satay and Nasi Impit would be so incomplete without it. It also serves as a great marinade or baste for grilled meat.
Good to Know
Rich in energy, protein, packed with antioxidants, vitamins, minerals and much discussed omega-3 fatty acids, nuts have it all!.
|4 tablespoon||cooking oil|
|3||red onions, blended|
|3 cloves||garlic, blended|
|5||red chillies, blended|
|1 tablespoon||ginger, blended|
|2 stalks||lemongrass, blended|
|350 g||peanuts, roasted and coarsely pounded|
|100 g||gula Melaka|
|2 tablespoons||tamarind juice|
|4 tablespoons||coconut milk|
|1 tablespoon||MAGGI® CukupRasa™|
|1 teaspoon||dark sweet soy sauce|
- In a blender, add in the red onions, garlic, red chillies, ginger and lemongrass and blend them until smooth. Set them aside in a bowl.
- Heat the oil in a wok until smoking. Slowly add in the blended ingredients and sauté until fragrant.
- Then, add in the peanuts, gula Melaka, water, tamarind juice, coconut milk, MAGGI® CukupRasa™ and dark sweet soy sauce and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and allow the sauce to simmer until the oil starts to separate.
- Perfect as a dipping sauce for Satay or Nasi Impit. Your family will go nuts over this tasty dip!