Fabulous Fried Chicken Satay
An exciting new twist on a popular street dish.
|500 g||chicken breast, cleaned and diced|
|2 tablespoons||cooking oil|
|2 tablespoons||MAGGI® Oyster Sauce|
|4||dried chillies, dry blended until smooth|
|1 teaspoon||cumin powder|
|½ tablespoon||coriander powder|
|½ tablespoon||aniseed powder|
- Toss the lemongrass, galangal, garlic, ginger, turmeric and shallots into a blender. Add in 100 ml water and blend them.
- Transfer the blended ingredients into a bowl and add in MAGGI® Oyster Sauce, dried chillies, sugar, cumin powder, coriander powder and aniseed powder. Mix well.
- Next, coat your chicken in this aromatic mixture and leave it aside to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Then, heat the cooking oil in a pan and proceed to fry the marinated chicken until almost all the moisture has evaporated.
- When the chicken is cooked through and tender, serve it alongside some Ketupat, cucumber and sliced onions. Don’t leave out the Kuah Kacang.