Flavoursome Ayam Masak Merah
A sweet and spicy serving of chicken cooked in spicy tomato sauce, the ayam masak merah is a must have during festive seasons and wedding. Nevertheless, this dish is perfect for whenever you’re craving for something truly Malaysian.
|To marinate the chicken:|
|500 g||chicken breast, cut into cubes|
|3 tablespoon||Nestlé Natural Set Yogurt|
|1 teaspoon||MAGGI® CukupRasa™|
|2 tablespoon||corn oil|
|2 inch||ginger, blended|
|4 cloves||garlic, blended|
|1 pack||MAGGI® Hari-Hari Favourites Masak Merah|
|4||red chillies, sliced into 2 and cut into 4 pieces|
|100 g||spring onion, sliced to 5 cm|
|2||onions, cut into wedges|
|1||tomato, cut into wedges|
|¼ cups||green peas|
- Let’s get started with the chicken. In a bowl, add the chicken pieces, yogurt and MAGGI® CukupRasa™. Give it a good mix and allow it to marinate for 2 hours.
- Next, on a griller, grill the chicken until it’s half cooked and set it aside.
- In a wok, heat the oil and sauté the blended onion, ginger, garlic and lemon grass until fragrant.
- Proceed to add in MAGGI® Hari-Hari Favourites Masak Merah, water and the marinated chicken. Stir thoroughly until chicken is cooked through.
- Lastly, add in the red chillies, spring onion, onions and tomato wedges and green peas. Lower the heat and allow it to simmer and cook until the sauce is thickened.
- Serve with steamed rice, nasi tomato or nasi minyak.
Energy 241 Kcal