Golden Salted Egg Fried Chicken
Come together with your loved ones and savour this richly golden, delicious goodness.
Good to Know
For a more intense salted egg flavour, double up the salted egg sauce and serve as additional dip. Have a twist as this salted eggs recipes go well with shitake and oyster mushroom too.
|500 g||boneless chicken leg, cut into bite-sized pieces|
|1||egg white, lightly beaten|
|1 tablespoon||MAGGI® Oyster Sauce|
|½ cup||rice flour|
|1 tsp||MAGGI® CukupRasa™|
|1/2 cup||cooking oil for pan frying|
|For the salted egg sauce:|
|1 tablespoon||unsalted butter|
|1 tablespoon||cooking oil|
|3 cloves||garlic, chopped|
|handful of curry leaves|
|2||salted egg yolks, steamed and mashed|
|5 – 6||bird’s eye chillies, chopped|
|½ cup||evaporated milk|
|1 teaspoon||MAGGI® CukupRasa™ (or to taste)|
|¼ teaspoon||corn starch, mixed into 1 tablespoon water (thickening)|
|2 – 3||bird’s eye chillies, chopped|
|3 – 4||stalks curry leaves, fried|
|2 – 3 tablespoons||garlic chips (optional)|
- Beat egg white with MAGGI® Oyster Sauce. Marinate chicken pieces in the mixture for about 1 hour.
- Mix rice flour and MAGGI® CukupRasa™ in a medium mixing bowl, coat chicken pieces in the flour mixture, shake off the excess flour and transfer onto a clean dry plate.
- In a frying pan, fry the chicken in batches until crispy and golden brown. Drain excess oil and leave aside.
- Heat the butter and cooking oil in a wok or frying pan, pan-fry chopped garlic and curry leaves till crisp and fragrant. Add salted egg yolks, bird’s eye chillies and cook until the mixture becomes bubbly.
- Reduce heat, add evaporated milk, MAGGI® CukupRasa™ and sugar. Simmer until gravy thickens, toss in fried chicken and evenly coat it in the gravy. Garnish and serve.