Hearty Salted Egg Chicken Burger
Surprise your family with a burger that’s coated with a generous layer of golden goodness that’s downright delicious!
Good to Know
Go for whole wheat bun when preparing the burger to boost your fibre intake. Add more crunch to every bite by including fresh green lettuces and onion.
|4 pieces||skinless chicken breast (about 500 g), about 2 cm thick|
|1 tablespoon||MAGGI® Oyster Sauce|
|¼ cup||rice flour|
|1 teaspoon||MAGGI® CukupRasa™|
|1 – 1½ tablespoon||cooking oil for pan frying|
|4||burger buns (plain or wholemeal)|
|4 pieces||lettuce leaves|
|For the Salted Egg Sauce:|
|1 tablespoon||unsalted butter|
|½ tablespoon||cooking oil|
|3 cloves||garlic, chopped|
|4 stalks||curry leaves|
|2||salted egg yolks, steamed and mashed|
|3 - 4||bird’s eye chilli, chopped|
|¼ cup||evaporated milk|
|1 teaspoon||MAGGI® CukupRasa™ (or to taste)|
|1 teaspoon||sugar (or to taste)|
- Marinate chicken pieces with MAGGI® Oyster Sauce for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Mix rice flour and MAGGI® CukupRasa™ in a medium mixing bowl. Dredge chicken pieces in the flour mixture, shake off the excess flour and transfer onto a clean, dry plate.
- In a non-stick frying pan, pan fry the chicken pieces until golden brown. Drain the excess oil and set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon unsalted butter and ½ tablespoon cooking oil in a wok or frying pan. Pan-fry chopped garlic and curry leaves till crisp and fragrant. Next, add the salted egg yolks, bird’s eye chillies and cook until the mixture becomes bubbly.
- Reduce heat, add evaporated milk, MAGGI® CukupRasa™ and sugar. Allow it to simmer until the gravy thickens before turning off the heat.
- Cut burger buns horizontally, toast in oven toaster or on a non-stick frying pan.
- Lastly, assemble the burgers. Lay cucumber slices and lettuce on the bottom burger bun, followed by the fried chicken and then, drizzle over the salted egg sauce.
- Cover with the other half of the burger and serve immediately.
Energy 538 kcal