Hot & Sour Szechuan Soup
With a unique balance and contrast of flavours, this hot and sour soup is perfect as a starter or a main.
|4 tablespoon||MAGGI® Homemade Chicken stock|
|500 g||chicken breast, skinless & whole|
|50 g||black fungus mushroom, soaked in water and shredded|
|4 pieces||shiitake mushroom, soaked in water and shredded|
|½ block||firm bean curd, sliced 3 inches long|
|50 g||carrot, peeled and shredded|
|1 tablespoon||sesame oil|
|1/4 cup||black vinegar|
|5 tablespoon||MAGGI® Oyster sauce|
|1 teaspoon||thick soy sauce|
|6 tablespoon||corn flour (diluted in 12 tablespoons of water)|
|2||eggs, lightly beaten|
|Chilli Oil (Optional):|
|2 tablespoon||sichuan oil|
|¼ cup||dried chilli|
1. Pre boil ingredients A, until the chicken breast is thoroughly cooked. Remove chicken and set aside the stock. Shred the chicken breast and set aside.
2. Add chicken and ingredients B into the pot and boil for 1 minute. Let it simmer for 10 – 15 minutes.
3. Add in seasoning and let it simmer for another 5- 10 minutes. Add corn flour to thicken the soup.
4. Beat eggs, turn off fire and slowly pour in the eggs while string the soup.
5. Serve immediately with some chilli oil.
TIPS: Prepare ingredients ahead so you’ll be more organized.
HACK: To save time, you can prepare the broth earlier and just add in the thickening agent later.
Energy 141 Kcal