Inchi Kabin (Nyonya Style Fried Chicken)
Here’s your next go-to recipe for juicy fried chicken at its best!
|500 g||chicken breast, thickly sliced|
|cooking oil (for frying)|
|3 tablespoons||MAGGI® Oyster Sauce|
|1 tablespoon||MAGGI® Concentrated Chicken Stock|
|1 tablespoon||sesame oil|
|1 tablespoon||light soy sauce|
|5 stalks||lemongrass, blended|
|3 cloves||garlic, blended|
|20 g||ginger, blended|
|1 stalk||curry leaves, blended (leaves only)|
|1 tablespoon||chilli powder|
|2 teaspoons||cumin powder|
|1½ tablespoons||coriander powder|
|½ teaspoon||aniseed powder|
- The night before cooking, blend the lemongrass, garlic, ginger, shallots and curry leaves together.
- When the ingredients have formed into a fine paste, marinate the chicken pieces with it, along with the chilli powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, aniseed powder, MAGGI® Oyster Sauce, MAGGI® Concentrated Chicken Stock, honey, sesame oil and light s
- Leave it to marinate overnight.
- When you’re about to cook the chicken, heat up the oil in a wok. Then, fry the marinated chicken until it turns a crisp golden brown.
- Do serve it while it’s hot. This simple, but oh-so-mouth-watering recipe will become a sure-fire hit with your family.