Kadazan-Dusun Raw Fish Salad
A popular dish amongst the Kadazan-Dusun tribe, this raw fish salad is so easy to be prepared; but keep in mind that raw fish can be quite an acquired taste.
Good to Know
This nutritious and refreshing dish contains a choke-full of protein that's available in the fish and a good dose of vitamin and minerals from the young papaya and mango.
|200 g||flesh of fish, deboned and slice into bite sized pieces|
|1 cup||lime juice|
|4||red onion, thinly sliced|
|5 cm||young ginger, finely shredded|
|6||bird’s eye chillies, thinly sliced|
|1||red chilli, thinly sliced|
|10 g||MAGGI® CukupRasa™|
|50 g||bitter gourd, thinly sliced|
|50 g||young papaya, thinly sliced|
|50 g||young mango, thinly sliced|
- Firstly, wash and then slice the fish fillets thinly.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together the fish, lime juice, red onion, young ginger, bird’s eye chillies, red chilli and the MAGGI Cukup Rasa. Allow it to sit for 10 minutes
- To reduce the bitterness of the bitter gourd, coat it with salt and rise with water.
- Then, proceed to add in the bitter gourd, young papaya and mango to the mixture. Give it a good mix.
- Let it chill in the fridge until it’s ready to be served.
- Best served as salad or an appetizer.