Maggi® Honey Bbq Chicken
A simple barbeque chicken recipe that brings together your favourite Asian flavours
Good to Know
Removing the skin from the chicken will allow the meat to absorb the flavours better. For best results, allow it to marinate overnight.
|500 g||chicken, breast fillet, skinless, cut into desired thickness|
|1||cucumber (small), peeled, halved lengthwise and sliced diagonally|
|For the marinade
(mix in a bowl):
|2 tablespoons||MAGGI® Oyster Sauce|
|1 tablespoon||MAGGI® Tomato Ketchup|
|1 teaspoon||MAGGI® CukupRasa™|
|1 teaspoon||dark soy sauce|
|2 teaspoons||light soy sauce|
|2 tablespoons||honey (additional for glazing)|
|2 tablespoons||brown sugar|
|½ teaspoon||five-spice powder|
1. In a bowl, mix together all the ingredients for the marinade.
2. Next, add the chicken into the marinade and thoroughly coat the chicken.
3. When properly coated, transfer the chicken into a container with a lid or a zip-lock bag and place it in the refrigerator. Allow it to marinate for at least 5 hours or preferably overnight.
4. When ready to cook, transfer the chicken and the marinade into a wok or saucepan and pour in a cup of water.
5. Then, cook on medium heat for about 45 minutes to an hour, flipping the chicken fillet every 10 minutes or until it the chicken becomes tender. Add water if needed.
6. When the chicken is done, shift it onto a baking tray lined with aluminium foil.
7. Continue to simmer the gravy on medium-low heat until it is reduced to a thick, syrupy sauce. Then, turn off heat.
8. It’s now time to bake the chicken. Bake the chicken for 10-15 minutes in a 200°C preheated oven on grill function until the desired charred/grilled look is achieved. Glaze with extra honey and gravy if desired, before removing the grilled chicken from
9. When the chicken is ready, slice it and drizzle over with more gravy and serve with cucumber slices.
10. Enjoy this delicious chicken dish with rice or MAGGI® Wantan Mee.
Chef Tips: If you don’t have an oven, you can use an oven toaster, BBQ pit or a grill pan on the stove to grill the chicken. Otherwise, you can pan fry the chicken with ½ teaspoon of cooking oil in a non-stick pan.
Energy 158 Kcal