Spicy Stir-Fried Kung Pao Scallop
The perfect dressing to these treasures of the sea.
Good to Know
Our chili sauce is made with farm-fresh chilies to ensure its delicious taste in every drop. Great for both dipping and cooking!
|2 tablespoons||corn oil|
|3 stalks||celery, trimmed and julienned|
|2||yellow onions, sliced|
|2||red chillies, deseeded and sliced|
|1 inch||young ginger, julienned|
|2 teaspoon||MAGGI® CukupRasa™|
|500 g||scallops, removed from the shell|
|30 g||dried chillies, soaked and cut into 1 cm lengths|
|2||red onions, cut into wedges|
|1 inch||young ginger, sliced|
|5 cloves||garlic, sliced|
|2 teaspoons||white peppercorns, crushed|
|2 tablespoons||MAGGI® Chilli Sauce|
|2 tablespoons||MAGGI® Oyster Sauce|
|2 tablespoons||dark soy sauce|
|3 stalks||spring onions, cut into 2 cm lengths|
- In a bowl, add in the stalks of celery, onions, red chillies, ginger and one teaspoon of MAGGI® CukupRasa™ and allow the ingredients to marinate for 2 minutes.
- When the ingredients are done marinating, heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a wok and stir fry it over high heat for 3 minutes.
- Next, carefully dish it out onto the middle of a serving dish.
- In the same wok, heat 1 teaspoon of oil and pan fry the scallops over high heat for 1 minute. Remove and set aside.
- Then, add in the dried chillies into the wok and fry over high heat until crisp and fragrant.
- Then, add in the onion, garlic and peppercorns and fry until fragrant. Stir in the MAGGI® Chilli Sauce, MAGGI® Oyster Sauce, dark soy sauce, water, sugar and one teaspoon of MAGGI® CukupRasa™.
- Bring to a boil, add the cooked scallops and cook over high heat for 2 minutes or until the sauce thickens. Turn off the heat and stir in the spring onions.
- Finally, spoon scallops around the fried vegetables and serve this mouth-watering dish with a bowl of hot steaming rice.