Steamed Golden Prawn Dumpling
Some prawn filled goodness that are perfect as an appetizer or meal.
Good to Know
While shaping the dumpling, always have all-purpose flour in hand to keep the dough from sticking and tearing.
|2 tablespoon||cooking oil|
|2 tablespoon||garlic, chopped|
|200 g||prawn, peeled and chopped|
|200 g||chicken breast, chopped|
|5||water chestnuts, peeled and chopped|
|3||black mushroom, soaked and chopped|
|1||carrot, peeled and chopped|
|2 tablespoon||MAGGI® Oyster Sauce|
|1 tablespoon||sesame oil|
|2 teaspoon||MAGGI® CukupRasa™|
|1 tablespoon||cornflour, diluted in 3 tablespoon water|
|200 g||mashed orange sweet potato|
|300 g||glutinous rice flour|
|60 g||fried garlic oil|
|240 g||boiling water|
- Heat oil and stir-fry chopped garlic until fragrant. Add the remaining ingredients for the filling and stir well. Add seasoning and continue to stir-fry until all ingredients are cooked thoroughly. Set aside.
- For the skin, place mashed sweet potato, glutinous rice flour, salt and fried garlic oil in a mixing bowl and knead into a dough.
- Flatten the dough. Dollop some filling onto it and shape it like a “Xiao Long Bao” or into a round shape and seal the edge by pressing with a fork. Each dumpling should weigh around 30 grams.
- Place dumplings on a greased steaming tray. Steam over high heat for 15-20 minutes until it’s cooked. Remove and glaze with oil while still hot.
- Serve with MAGGI® Chilli Sauce.
Energy 45 kcal