Succulent Ayam Yoghurt Ala Percik
This recipe adds a little twist to this Kelantanese specialty but is sure to produce similar mouth-watering taste.
|250 g||chicken breast, skinless and boneless|
|250 g||chicken thighs, skinless and boneless|
|2 tablespoon||cooking oil|
|150 g/ 2||red onions, blended|
|20 g/ 4 cloves||garlic, blended|
|10 g/ 2 inch||ginger, blended|
|20 g||dried chillies, soaked and strained|
|1 cup||Nestlé Natural Set Yogurt|
|30 g/2 tablespoon||tamarind (add 100 ml water and strain)|
|2 teaspoon||MAGGI® CukupRasa™|
|To be blended:|
|100 g/ 2||red onions|
|20 g/ 4 cloves||garlic|
|20 g/ 2 inch||ginger|
|20 g/ 3||lemongrass|
|20 g/ 2 inch||galangal|
|4 tablespoon||coriander powder|
|3 ½ tablespoon||cumin|
|1 tablespoon||chilli powder|
|1 teaspoon||MAGGI® CukupRasa™|
- Start by preparing the marinade. Next, add the chicken pieces into a bowl and pour over the blended ingredients. Marinate chicken in the mixture and set aside for 1 hour.
- In a wok, heat cooking oil and add in the blended red onions, garlic, ginger and lemongrass. Also add in the dried chillies. Sauté until fragrant.
- Next, add in the marinated chicken and let it cook half way through.
- Remove the chicken pieces from the wok and add in Nestlé Natural Set Yogurt, tamarind juice, honey and MAGGI® CukupRasa™. Allow the mixture to cook until it thickens and the oil separates.
- Grill the chicken over a low charcoal fire or on a griddle pan until the chicken is cooked through and has turned golden brown.
- Transfer chicken pieces onto a serving plate, pour over the gravy and serve with hot steamed rice. Enjoy!
Energy 243 Kcal