Super-scentsational Ghee Rice
Subtly spiced rice dish for any special occasion.
Good to Know
For best results, soak basmati rice for at least 30 minutes in cold water for grains that are more elongated and separated.
|500 g||basmati rice|
|2 tablespoon||cooking oil|
|3||red onions, thinly sliced|
|3 cloves||garlic, thinly sliced|
|1 cm||ginger, thinly sliced|
|2 cubes||MAGGI® Chicken Stock Cube|
|50 g||cashew nuts, roasted|
- Rinse rice well and drain. Set it aside.
- In a wok, carefully heat up the ghee. Then, add in the red onions, garlic, ginger, cinnamon sticks, star anise, cloves, and cardamom.
- Next, sauté all the ingredients until fragrant.
- Add in the drained rice and stir well, making sure each grain of rice is coated with the fragrant mixture.
- Once it’s all mixed together, transfer it to the electric rice cooker and add in the MAGGI® Chicken Stock Cube and water. Tie the pandan leaves in a knot and place it into the cooker as well.
- All you have to do now is let the rice cook as per usual.
- Once the rice is cooked, top it with the raisins and roasted cashew nuts and gently stir the rice. Make sure the garnishing is evenly distributed.
- Nasi Minyak is best served with chicken or beef rending and cucumber pickled salad (acar timun).