Szechuan Mala Chicken With Steamed Buns
Warm, tender and juicy roasted chicken to fulfil your cravings and leave you wanting more.
|For the Mala Chicken|
|2 pcs||Boneless chicken thigh|
|4 tbsp||Mala paste|
|2 tbsp||MAGGI® Oyster Sauce|
|1 tbsp||Gula Melaka|
|Pickled lotus roots|
|Spring onion, julienned|
- Marinate chicken in mala paste and seasoning for at least 2 hours or leave overnight.
- Attach the SHREDDING BLADE into the food processor, shred carrots on M1 mode. Soak shredded carrots in ice water for few minutes and drain. Change to SLICING BLADE and slice kyuri on M1 mode.
- Prepare the rest of the condiments and set aside.
- On the Cubie Oven, select CONVECTION mode with preheat. Press SET, set temperature at 150 ̊C and press START to preheat. After preheating the oven, it will beep 3 times and the “√” icon will appear to state that it is preheated.
- While waiting for oven to pre-heat, heat a pan on the induction cooker and press PAN-FRY mode. Adjust temperature to 200 ̊C and wait for preheating to complete.
- Pour some oil in a pan and sear chicken skin side down for 3 - 4 minutes or until skin turns slightly crispy.
- Place aluminium foil on metal tray, put the seared chicken on it and allow to cook on middle shelf. Set cooking time to 12 minutes. Check if chicken is cooked. Let the chicken rest on a wire rack when done.
- Place bun on wire rack and place wire rack on a metal tray in the middle shelf. Set Cubie Oven to STEAM-MED and press SET. Set to 5 minutes and press START.
- Slice chicken, add the rest of the condiments and prepare the bun like a sandwich and serve.
Energy 450.7 Kcal