Upside-down Maqlooba Rice
With a uniquely presented dish like this, there’s no surprise how uniquely flavoursome it would taste!
|Maqlooba Spice Mix:|
|2 tablespoon||black pepper|
|2 tablespoon||black cumin|
|2 teaspoon||turmeric powder|
|3 tablespoons||chilli powder|
|100 g||cauliflower, cut into florets|
|100 g||carrot, cut into cubes|
|3 tablespoon||ghee / corn oil|
|1||onion, cut into cubes|
|4||whole, peeled garlic cloves|
|3||dried bay leaves|
|500 g||mutton, cut into cubes|
|3 tablespoon||Maqlooba spice mix (add more for spicier taste)|
|¼ cup||MAGGI® Tomato Ketchup|
|500 g||basmati rice, washed and drained|
|2 cubes||MAGGI® Beef Stock Cubes|
In a pan, toast the spice mix until fragrant. Set aside.
2. Blend the toasted spice mix until fine. Add in turmeric powder, chilli powder and mix well (spice mix can be stored for up to 1 month).
3. Add a bit of oil into the pan and stir fry the vegetables until lightly browned. Set aside.
4. In the same oil, add in ingredients A and sauté until fragrant. Then, add in ingredient B and stir thoroughly.
5. Add water and let the mutton boil until it soft and tender. Drain the stock and leave it aside to be cooked with the rice.
6. Add in MAGGI® Beef Stock Cubes and stir thoroughly.
7. Layer the bottom of the rice cooker with banana leaf. Next, layer with mutton, followed by vegetables and finally the rice. Pour in the stock (add water if stock doesn’t add up to 900ml).
8. Cover the lid with aluminium foil and let the rice and mutton thoroughly cook in the pot,
9. Serve the Maqlooba rice upside-down and garnish with coriander leaves.
Energy 418 Kcal