Sambal Stuffed Hardtail Scad
An amazing combination of grated coconut, chilli, ginger, turmeric, and lemongrass wrapped in banana leaves for the most mouth-watering stuffed fish you've ever tried!
|4 pieces||Hardtail Scad, cleaned|
|½ teaspoon||MAGGI® CukupRasaTM|
|2 tablespoons||Cooking oil|
|60 g||MAGGI® Sambal Tumis|
|2 teaspoons||Tamarind paste|
|1 tablespoon||MAGGI® CukupRasaTM|
|1 cup||Grated coconut|
|4 pieces||Banana leaf, softened with fire|
- Split the hardtail scad fish in the centre and dan sprinkle with MAGGI® CukupRasaTM
- Grind the red onion, garlic, ginger, turmeric and lemon grass.
- In a flat pot, heat the oil and sauté the ground ingredients until aromatic
- Add MAGGI® Sambal Tumis, turmeric paste and MAGGI® CukupRasaTM. Cook until the oil separates.
- Add the grated coconut and mix it with the sautéed sambal paste.
- Stuff the grated coconut mixture into the fish. Wrap the fish in the banana leaf.
Heat the flat pot and add 1 tablespoon of cooking oil. Add the fish and grill until cooked over medium heat.