Young Jack Fruit in Spicy Coconut Gravy
A creamy jackfruit curry with a slight tinge of spice.
Good to Know
Boil the jackfruit before adding it into the curry for a more tastier dish.
|300 g||young jackfruit, sliced and cut into cubes|
|2 cubes||MAGGI® Ikan Bilis Stock Cube|
|1 Coconut||coconut milk from 1 whole coconut|
|2 stalks||lemongrass, crushed|
|4||red onion, thinly sliced|
|4||bird’s eye chilli, finely pounded|
|50 g||salted white fish, thinly sliced|
- In a pot, add in the coconut milk, jackfruit and the MAGGI® Ikan Bilis stock cubes.
- Bring it to a boil. Once the mixture starts bubbling away, lower the heat and let it cook until the jackfruit turns tender.
- Next, add in the lemongrass, red onion, bird’s eye chilli, salted white fish and water.
- Stir the mixture well and allow it to simmer for a while.
- Best served with white rice, fried fish and ulam on the side.