Yummy Black Fruity Beef
Wow the family with this extremely delicious beef dish with a fabulous mix of spices.
Good to Know
'Gula Melaka' gives this dish its distinct aroma and flavours.
|500 g||rump steak, cut into small pieces|
|2 tablespoons||corn oil|
|3 buds||star anise|
|1||red onion, blended|
|3 cm||ginger, blended|
|4 cloves||garlic, blended|
|2 stalks||lemongrass, blended|
|3 tablespoons||coriander powder|
|1 tablespoon||sweet cumin powder|
|1 tablespoon||cumin powder|
|1 tablespoon||ground black pepper|
|2 tablespoons||MAGGI® CukupRasa™|
|4 tablespoons||dark soy sauce|
|50 g||prunes, minced finely|
|50 g||raisins, minced finely|
|1 tablespoon||gula Melaka|
|4||red chillies, cut into half lengthways and then into 4 pieces|
|100 g||spring onions, cut into 5 cm pieces|
|2||red onions, cut into wedges|
- In a blender, blend the red onion, ginger, garlic and lemongrass into a fine paste.
- Then, heat the oil in a wok. When the oil is heated up, carefully pour the blended paste into the wok and add in the cinnamon, star anise and cardamom. Sauté until fragrant.
- Add in the beef pieces and stir well.
- Next, scoop in the coriander, sweet cumin and cumin powder along with the ground black pepper. Cook and stir constantly until the beef becomes crisp.
- When the beef looks slightly well done, add in the MAGGI® CukupRasa™, dark soy sauce, prunes, raisins and gula Melaka. Continue stir frying the beef until the meat takes on the rich brown colour of the soy sauce.
- Finally, add in the red chillies, spring onion and red onion wedges before giving it one last stir.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately over a plate of rice and savour every bite of this fabulous dish.