Yummy Yam Prawns
Yams are yummy on its own, but they also go perfectly well with this prawn dish.
Good to Know
Prawns are an excellent source of iodine, a mineral essential for thyroid gland function.
|oil for frying|
|16||prawns, shelled and deveined|
|1 tablespoon||MAGGI® CukupRasa™|
|200 g||raw yam, shredded|
|1 tablespoon||corn flour|
|2 tablespoons||rice flour|
|1||egg white, beaten|
|1||egg white, beaten (to dip prawns)|
|8 tablespoons||MAGGI® Chilli Sauce|
|2 tablespoons||MAGGI® Oyster Sauce|
- In a bowl, marinade the prawns you have cleaned earlier with a tablespoon of MAGGI® CukupRasa™.
- Then, get a separate bowl and mix the shredded raw yam, corn flour, rice flour and beaten egg white.
- After preparing the prawn and the batter, set them aside.
- Next, get a frying pan and heat the oil. When the oil is hot, dip the prawns into the beaten egg white and coat it with the yam mixture.
- Proceed to deep fry the prawns in medium heat.
- After the prawns are deep fried to a nice crisp golden brown colour, arrange them on a serving dish.
- Finally, mix the MAGGI® Chilli Sauce, MAGGI® Oyster Sauce and water in a saucepan and bring it to a boil.
- When it reaches a boiling point, turn off the heat. Carefully pour the sauce over the prawns and make sure to coat each one of it.
- Steamed rice goes well with this dish.