A nourishing one-pot meal, there's nothing simpler and more comforting than a bowl of porridge.
Brown rice makes a healthier alternative to regular rice porridge.
|100 g||white rice, washed and rinsed|
|2 cubes||MAGGI® Chicken Stock Cube|
|300 g||chicken, breast fillet, skinless, thinly sliced|
|200 g||grouper or snapper, fillet, thinly sliced|
|1 inch||young ginger, peeled and finely shredded|
|200 g||carrot, cut into cubes|
|200 g||spinach, roughly chopped|
|ground white pepper|
|chopped spring onions|
|garlic oil (3 cloves chopped garlic fried with 2 tablespoons cooking oil)|
|chopped bird’s eye chillies|
|deep fried shallots|
|finely shredded young ginger|
1. In a stockpot, place rice, water and MAGGI® Chicken Stock Cubes and bring to a boil on high heat. When the mixture is boiling away, reduce the heat to medium. You can also cook the porridge in a rice cooker with porridge/congee function.
2. Next, add in the chicken slices and allow the porridge to simmer on medium-low heat for about 30 minutes or until the rice turns mushy and each grain become thoroughly soft.
3. Remember to stir the porridge every now and then to prevent the rice from sticking to the bottom of the pot. Add water if the porridge is too thick.
4. Then, add in ginger and fish slices into the porridge and let it cool for another 10 minutes or until the fish slices are thoroughly cooked.
5. Finally, add in the carrot and spinach and allow it to cook awhile more.
6. When the ingredients are all well-cooked, turn off the heat and ladle the porridge into individual bowls.
7. Drizzle with sesame oil and serve with condiments of your choice. Enjoy!
Chef Tips: You can remove the skin of the chicken if preferred.
Energy 146 Kcal