Cooking a midweek meal after a busy day at work? Try the quick and easy Ayam Masak Kicap.
|500 g||chicken fillet, cut into small pieces|
|2 tablespoons||corn oil|
|3 buds||star anise|
|1||red onion, minced|
|3 cm||ginger, minced|
|4 cloves||garlic, minced|
|2 stalks||lemongrass, minced|
|2 ½ tablespoons||MAGGI® Oyster Sauce|
|4 tablespoons||dark soy sauce|
|4||red chillies, cut into half lengthways and then into 4 pieces|
|100 g||spring onions, cut into 5 cm pieces|
Soy sauce is a condiment made from a fermented paste of boiled soybeans, roasted grain, brine, and Aspergillus oryzae or Aspergillus sojae molds.
1. In a wok, heat up the oil and sauté the cinnamon, star anise, cardamom, red onion, ginger, garlic and lemongrass until fragrant.
2. Once you can smell the wonderful aroma of the spices, add in the chicken pieces and give it a good stir.
3. Then, add in the MAGGI® Oyster Sauce and dark soy sauce, stir until the chicken is well coated in the sauce and cooked thoroughly.
4. Finally, add in the red chillies, spring onions and the red onion wedges before giving it one final stir.
5. Serve immediately over a steaming plate of rice. This easy recipe will be a winner every time you make it.
Sign up to receive e-mail updates about new features and special offers from MAGGI