An easy recipe that brings together the sweet-tasting pumpkin with red dates for a wholesome and refreshing soup.
|500 g||pumpkin flesh, cut into large cubes|
|10||red dates, washed and pitted|
|2 cubes||MAGGI® Ikan Bilis Stock Cube|
|1 tablespoon||MAGGI® CukupRasa™|
|300 g||winter melon, peeled, deseed and diced|
|2 cups||MAGGI® Chilli Sauce – Thai|
|3 tablespoons||coriander, chopped|
|2 teaspoons||MAGGI® CukupRasa™|
|400 g||squid, cleaned and sliced thinly|
|2||bird’s eye chillies, sliced|
|1 teaspoon||ginger, blended|
|2 packets||MAGGI® 2-Minute Noodles Kari|
|300 g||red snapper fillet, thickly sliced|
|2 cobs||sweet corn, cut into 3 segments each|
|200 g||Chinese cabbage|
|200 g||green vegetables (iceberg, bok choy, spinach)|
|200 g||oyster mushrooms, sliced|
Pumpkins and carrots are high in beta carotene and vitamin A, which are essential to support eye health.
1. For the soup based variant, add the pumpkin and red dates to a big pot of water. Bring it to a boil.
2. When the liquid starts bubbling, reduce heat and allow it to simmer for 30 minutes or until the pumpkin has soften.
3. Then, proceed to add in the winter melon and season to taste with MAGGI® CukupRasa™ and MAGGI® Ikan Bilis Stock Cube.
4. Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes or until pumpkin is soft.
5. Add winter melon and season to taste with MAGGI® CukupRasa™ and give it a good stir.
6. While the soup is simmering, prepare the dip. Mix the MAGGI® Chili Sauce – Thai, chopped coriander, tomato, and MAGGI® CukupRasa™.
7. When serving, scoop a little of each ingredient into individual serving bowls and fill with soup.
8. For the hotpot variant, set a steamboat or clay pot on a portable stove at the dining table. Fill it up with enough liquid (soup or broth) and add in the suggested ingredients into the soup.
9. Bring it to a boil and enjoy this flavoursome dish with steamed white rice.
Sign up to receive e-mail updates about new features and special offers from MAGGI